The lifeboat shed on the museum grounds was built in 1824. The shed first stood in the Texel village of Den Hoorn. For fifty years, it was the base for the Royal Dutch Rescue Association. Afterwards, it was used as storage for decades, until it moved to Museum Kaap Skil in 1981.
Here the building initially functioned as a restaurant. This became redundant with the opening of the new entrance building, which includes a museum café. Nowadays it’s used for museum activities, such as artistic beach find workhshops.